Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pins and bushings- Mottrol any one have opinion?

Syleng1 · 2024-02-12 16:45

So - my machine EX120-2 and I’m rebuilding the boom to the stick joint. I went with a genuine pin but aftermarket bushings from Mottol as seen on eBay and Amazon for less than 1/2 cost of factory. 2 bushings arrived and so far it looks good. I will be pressing them in possibly this weekend. I line bore equipment at my welding shop so other than time, most of the work is cheap - lol! I am asking if anyone has actually used their bushings? I personally have bought a few replacement parts for this machine from Mottrol and my JD 450e with good success. I tried to drop the bushing over the worn pin that is being replaced and it’s a really tight fit. Telling me once pressed in, I will be honing it to fit. I can tell you that I’ve used factory bushings and pins at the bucket and the boom to cab over the summer and all fit perfectly. But $150 savings per bushing… I guess I can afford to hone it out a tad bit. Again looking for reviews on Mottrol and bushings. Syleng1

Replies1
  1. #1Welder Dave2024-02-14 01:40

    See how hard the bushings are by trying to center punch the outside. If the pins are tight, honing isn't a big deal.