Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pins & Bushings

David Barrentine ยท 2024-03-01 17:54

I have a 95 Ford 575D backhoe and I need bushings for the upper and lower center pivot on the swing arm. Where can I get bushings thats not gonna break the bank. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1Check Break2024-03-01 18:22

    If I understand your question, you're looking for the bushings in the main frame. The pins are in the swing tower (swing post). Those bushings are $57 ea from New Holland. Hard to believe you're going to save money making them yourself or buying aftermarket if you can find them. You can buy them online from Messicks (messicks.com). Their parts department has always treated me right.

  2. #2David Barrentine2024-03-02 12:04

    Thank You for the information. I will look into Messicks.

  3. #392U 34062024-03-02 15:32

    I've had good luck with small, local machine shops but if those bushings are $57/each it'll probably be a wash at the end of the day.

  4. #4eKretz2024-03-02 18:42

    You're not going to get a custom hardened bushing at a local machine shop for $57. If you want something made from Q&T, which is much softer, that's a different story, but it won't last anything like as long as a real high level hardened bushing. Signed, machinist.

  5. #5Tinkerer2024-03-02 21:07

    I didn't see where the OP (David) mentioned making any bushings. He asked if he can get them somewhere cheaper than $57.00 each.

  6. #6eKretz2024-03-02 21:10

    92U mentioned it, not the OP. And no, the OP did not ask that question either.