Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pins/busings on skid steer. OEM CAT or aftermarket? $$?

fastline · 2025-06-04 16:49

Before I even look up parts, is this normally better play to grab aftermarket goods? Need 4 pins and 4 bushings for loader arms and bucket tilt. 1.50" diam

Replies4
  1. #1HarleyHappy2025-06-05 07:21

    I generally go with OEM if they are readily available. Issue with aftermarket is sometimes they don’t have the correct hardness and aren’t designed to wear like original. I just went to replace bushings in my skid on the loader arms and found them to be some kind of fiber and the pins were wore but those damn fiber bushings were still perfect. I was going to replace them anyway but decided not to as they are not greasable. Not sure what they are but can’t find them, to buy them.

  2. #2Engineer442025-06-05 18:36

    Could be Garmax filament wound bushings. Genie uses them a lot.

  3. #3HarleyHappy2025-06-06 07:55

    Yep, that’s what they were. All I can say, with 3000+ hours on it, the bushing was perfect and the pin wasn’t too bad either. Usually, I make my own pins and bushings, if I can come up with the right steel or material. Think I will order a few of them.

  4. #4CM19952025-06-06 09:20

    For P&B's we stick with OEM. Not changing them very often so the extra dollar isn't that significant. Now teeth and cutting edges are a different story. We get good service out of aftermarket.