Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pintle / Lunette ring selection

Bibendum · 2023-05-23 20:56

I am in the process of building a 20+4 deckover equipment trailer. At the moment I am putting 2 7k axles under it as I have them as spares, but may somewhere down the line put larger axles or a third axle under the trailer. I am tryin to decide between pintle / lunette rings. I can’t decide whether to use the bolt through style ring or the flange style with 4 bolts. The two I picked up are rated for 7 ton (2 bolt) or 30 ton (4 bolt) There is 100 dollar difference between the two. Which style do most people prefer? I don’t have much experience towing with different style pintles.

Replies2
  1. #1materthegreater2023-05-23 21:17

    Overkill is your friend. 7 ton will not be enough for a trailer with 7 tons of axles under it.

  2. #2cfherrman2023-05-23 21:33

    7 ton on a good day, it will be loaded more than that.