Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

pipeline replacement

oakland ยท 2009-08-30 20:14

hello everybody i have not been on for a while, i went out today to a gas pipeline replacement project. snelson companies inc is the contractor, their was alot of equipment sitting around so here are some of the many pictures i took while at the site. they are laying alot of pipe and crossing canals, roads, highways, even going through backyards. so here are the pics. enjoy :drinkup

Replies30
  1. #1oakland2009-08-30 20:18

    some of the trucks on site

  2. #2oakland2009-08-30 20:34

    some of the equipment

  3. #3oakland2009-08-30 20:37

    some more of the equipment

  4. #4oakland2009-08-30 20:39

    still some more

  5. #5oakland2009-08-30 20:43

    more

  6. #6oakland2009-08-30 20:47

    more :usa

  7. #7oakland2009-08-30 20:49

    the last for now

  8. #8EZ TRBO2009-08-30 22:04

    Nice pics, pipe line stuff is always interesting. Trbo Not to hi jack but was wondering if anyone knew anything bout the large pipe project up in Minn. Dad was through there last week and said the yard was about 10 acres in size or so and had close to 20 D8 side booms and a huge supply of 36" black pipe line.

  9. #9dozerdave2009-08-31 01:14

    Hi Oakland, I appreciate your effort and the nice pictures.

  10. #10TiminIN2009-08-31 21:24

    Howdy Oakland! Nice pics. Don't suppose you have some of trenchers, if any.

  11. #11EGS2009-08-31 22:06

    Trbo the line up in Minn. is pretty big. US pipeline, Michael's and Precision all have 2 spreads it is going to be starting pretty soon and it is going to be really big. It feeds the line that we ran thru Wis. couple years ago.

  12. #12trukfan2009-08-31 23:30

    Very nice pics Oakland. EGS, is that a natural gas line, or part of the oil pipeline Michels and Precision just buttoned up around the Milton/Whitewater area?

  13. #13EGS2009-09-01 21:56

    trukfan it is oil it feeds the refinery that feeds the line that Michels and others just put in.

  14. #14roddyo2009-09-01 22:13

    I got some friends on it. I think they are planning on being up there 2 years.

  15. #15trukfan2009-09-01 22:16

    Ah hah. Good to know. I drove by on of the yards where Michels and Precision were staging their stuff, and it was all cleared out. Must be moving south. Everything I've seen north of Hwy.'s 11/14 is all covered and replanted as of this spring.

  16. #16EZ TRBO2009-09-02 18:10

    Thanks...Did you work with Michael's when they put it in? I had talked to a few guys with Michael's and was all for going but the wife wasn't too keen on the idea of being gone so I took the job I had now, it was right at the time we were closing our own business. Happy where I am but still wish i would have at least done it. Trbo

  17. #17EGS2009-09-02 23:05

    No I worked for US pipeline. It was a good job but they are some very hard people to work for. Pretty much all the pipeliners are from down south and if they do not respect you good luck! That goes for if you are a good operator or not.

  18. #18EZ TRBO2009-09-03 22:47

    I know a few people with Michaels and I was told that that project was a very tought project to work with guys on. That and very strict time tables, etc. That part I would have been ok with, grew up with just that and worse, with dad, his guys at the county have found that out time and time again. I had the chance to get in there once, but didn't so I doubt that it will happen now, as i'm happy where I am and they are treating me good and paying good so what the hell...all you can really ask for. Trbo

  19. #19roddyo2009-09-04 09:09

    Was Jim Jennings running your spread?

  20. #20EGS2009-09-04 17:51

    Yep! Can you guess the name of my tie-in foremen, he lives pretty close to you.

  21. #21roddyo2009-09-04 20:25

    Johnny Ward

  22. #22EGS2009-09-04 20:54

    Good guess! I guess it is a small world, Johnny is the best person I have ever worked for, a real stand up guy.

  23. #23roddyo2009-09-04 21:35

    I was Johnny's Straw up there in 1998, we Warehoused in Whitewater behind the Bowling Alley. We was putting in that 24 inch for Lakehead. I guess you was Probably in that same Right of Way. Little John is what we call him down here. He lives about 4 miles down the road from me. People on here can't understand Little John's work ethic. He started out Working Rat down in Texas. When he went Union he never let up. Me and Johnny Lived together on that job up in Whitewater, We was Bending and dropped back to tying in and lowering in. Jimmy was still running the Pipe Gang at that time. And Bobby Carrico was running the stringing and dropped back to road bore. The four of us had a lot of fun together. Of course Bobby, Jimmy and I were all single so we stayed out a lot later and hand a lot more fun on the Weekend. We always managed to find a Gambling Joint every Sunday also.

  24. #24EGS2009-09-04 22:07

    When you guys where in Whitewater do you remember the guy that ran the bending machine(I can't remember his name but he was from Michigan, short guy) I heard some real good stories about you guys down at the bowling alley. He ran one of the booms on John's crew. I also heard that John is one of the best boom hands there is, not hard for me to believe. Whitewater is only about 25 miles from where I live, why can't you guys be working down there right now?

  25. #25roddyo2009-09-04 22:22

    Chucky. Was Chucky always trying to run screen wire though the brakes on his boom? He flipped a 583 in a Peet Bog the year before. He was high balling down a set of mats in reverse and he was so short he could barely see over the seat. The mats narrowed up from 16 to 12's As soon as he hit the 12's over on the side he went.

  26. #26roddyo2009-09-04 22:25

    I forgot about Chucky almost getting in a brawl for shooting Tequila out of some ole gals belly button in the Bowling Alley. That Guy she was with didn't think much of that.

  27. #27EGS2009-09-04 22:37

    Yup it was Chucky. That story about him shooting the Tequila was really funny, when John told us that story we all about laughing so hard we were just about crying. I heard a lot of other good stories from Chucky too.

  28. #28roddyo2009-09-04 22:47

    Did Chucky ever tell you any stories about Star Buster?

  29. #29EGS2009-09-04 22:59

    He may have I do kind of remember something about it, it was about two years ago when I was with them so I kind of forgot some stuff. Some of the stories about Chucky probably are not able to be put on this forum if you know what I mean. Sorry about stealing this thread.

  30. #30roddyo2009-09-04 23:10

    I think this is a pretty good insite to anyone wanting to work on the pipeline. Or at least this is what it's like if you come in on the Company Side. There's more Drama than General Hospital. Johnny and I lived next door to the Bending Engineer in the campgrounds. Geneo brought along his Step Daughter to work for him. Her name was Star. Thanks to Chucky I ended up with the Nick Name of Star Buster.:cool2