I was wondering if anyone on here knows where I can get plastic model kits of heavy equipment, all equipment with a preferance of cranes. All I have found are die cast or pre assembled but I want some I can put together myself...
most of the time you can still find some plastic kits on ebay ,I have never seen a plastic model crane , but that dont mean they aint out there, Good luck in your hunt
Tommygun,here is a plastic model dozer that I have not assembled yet.It is an "AMT" brand model but I noticed the name "ERTL" in blue under the AMT logo.There website is www.rcertl.com .I dont know if they offer any crane models.Another model company that comes to my mined is REVELL.WOW the model dozers look harder to put together than the full scale dozer.I better get a model sledge hammer and prybar before I start on this one.
Kibri is a good start. Mostly on E-Bay though. Just google Kibri.
making a crane model kit those sites usually dont turn anything up but im still looking. im thinking of making cranes out of the the plastic trees from completed model kits. Have any of you guys tried that and have any tips.
A better idea is to find a good hobby store and check out Plastruct and Evergreen strcutral materials, although you can do some things with parts trees. About the only plastic kits available are the AMT/Ertl/Matchbox Cat D8H dozers. I think Ertl has re-released a John Deere tractor backhoe,and the IH Payhauler 350 off road dump truck, there are re-releases of a Peterbilt/Challenge mixer truck, and several Mack and IH truck tractor/trailer combinations. All in 1/25th scale. This might help... http://scalemodel.net/ http://cs.scaleautomag.com/scacs/forums/ You'll want the Commercial section, although there is fantastic stuff in all of it. Do a search in Google for scale models, and be prepared to be there awhile. Use the image search section too. Also Google Modelleshow Europe and prepare to have your mind blown! Those guys are serious modelers.... Also see this site, DHS Diecast... http://forums.dhsdiecast.com/ I've got more, this ought to get you started... By the way, here are the search results for the AMT D8H, you can see how people customized the original kit. http://cs.scaleautomag.com/scacs/se...=caterpillar+D8H+AND+sectionid:33&o=Relevance
wow. thanks alot alan627b. that is the perfect place to start. i didnt realize people were that involved with modelling in so many ways. im on my way now to look for plans to begin construction. any more tips from anyone will be appreciated.
test
Kits or ready built 1:50 scale resin models. http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Military-Construction-Resin-Models__W0QQ_armrsZ1