All the newer playgrounds use a wood chip product about a foot thick. It is supposed to prevent broken bones as it offers pretty good cushion when a kid falls. The chips themselves are different than I have ever seen. They are not the shavings type chips that you normally see out of a chipper. They are more chunky. They are a very clean wood product, seems like mostly pine. Does anyone know how they are chipped? Is it a standard chipper with a different drum or a special chipper altogether? I am doing a site prep job for a company that builds log home kits and they have a lot of good clean pine lumber waste that I was thinking might be perfect for the playground material. Just don't know how to chip it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
in aus we have a product called SOFTFALL its made up of pine bark screened to a certain size that is big enough to be fluffy not that small it compacts