Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Playing in the snow

Twisted ยท 2008-03-05 10:29

Had a warm day so I figured that some of my snow piles needed to be moved. Amazingly enough the old D-4 fired right up after the pony ran for about 2 minutes. Enjoy Twisted

Replies10
  1. #1Twisted2008-03-05 13:44

    more

  2. #2Construct'O2008-03-05 15:49

    Great pictures of your dozer.Good looking old dozer also.Amazing how those old girls just keep on going. So what else do you use the D-4 during the warm seasons? It looks as tho you have lots of the white stuff also. Sounds like more to come before spring.Thanks for sharing:notworthy:usa

  3. #3Colin Doy2008-03-05 15:57

    Yep, that looks like a warm day to me..............not!:cool2

  4. #4Twisted2008-03-05 16:09

    Warn weather you say???? Ah yes....Now I remember. Well this is just my little play dozer. Something to work on in my "spare time." Not that there is much of that. I will do some fun stuff for myself or the neighbors if it dosen't really sound like work. (Then I bring out the big toys & charge em!) Nice to have around for them odd jobs that I don't wan to haul a 45,00lb machine in to do. I have added a new style hydraulic pump, resivoiur, 3 spool valve, & a tilt cylinder, which really made this machine worth starting. Enuf talking. I'll get you some warm weather pics & try to load some off my other 'puter later if I remember. A small pond project for a friend. Thanks for the props on the dozer. It says "Thanks." Twisted

  5. #5Twisted2008-03-05 16:21

    Trouble getting the rest small enough. :Banghead: :Banghead I'll try later.

  6. #6Twisted2008-03-05 16:36

    It was actually pretty warm. A high of close to 20* ABOVE zero that day. Notice no hat? That's for the -0* days

  7. #7landrvrnut222008-03-05 21:08

    That just looks like way too much fun on that little dozer.

  8. #8coffee5212008-03-15 02:29

    judging from the snow piles,i can deduce how heavy the snow is. does it usually snow as heavily as that ?

  9. #9plumbcrazy2008-03-15 04:26

    I'm from Kentucky and couldn't help but notice how flat your area is. The only places that flat around here are our basketball courts! Just wondering, with terrain like that why anyone would even have to scrape the roads!

  10. #10Twisted2008-03-18 14:34

    This was just an average or slightly below for this area. Just enuf to ride snomobile and have an excuse to do a little winter dozing. My pick-up & plow is the prefered method with temps well below 0* much of the time. Flat? You can say that again. If it wern't for the trees a person could see for 20 miles. Elevation changes of 5'-10' per mile is the norm. That's not up & down just up OR down. Flat.