Hi everyone, I have a D6T SU blade, if I change it to a VPAT blade, can I use the previous lifting cylinders? Are they the same? And also I see some many different VPAT blades in different part number: 3341804 (2 types), 3341805 (2 types), 3341809 (3 types), 3878449 (2 types) They all share some of the same parts but some are different. Do they all fit on D6T machine? Anyone knows what is the difference? Thank you so much
Doesn't your SU blade have outside push arms?
Yes it has, we want to take that off, and use the VPAT C frame, is that possible?
I am pretty sure the lift cylinders would work. Not positive though. You would need to add the inside trunnions and such to mount the blade, and you would have to add an extra control valve, or run a diverter, to get the angle to work. The different blades available are for the blade width. You have standard, XL, XW, and LGP. Each blade is sized to fit the track width.
Is the 16D in below pic the trunnion you were talking about? Yes I think we need to add the complete C frame to fit the VPAT blade. And also it is not just the size of the blade is different. The cylinders, the C frame they all have different part numbers. Do they all fit on different D6T machines?
The trunnions I was referring to would be on the machine, and would mount up to what is 16E, at the rear of the C frame. I am not sure, but you may be able to use the same ones that are now on the outside. Look at the inside of the track frame and see if there is a place for them to bolt on. I am not sure about the frames, except, like the blades, they would have to match the track width. LGP machines with a wide shoe will have a narrower C frame than a standard gauge machine for clearance reasons.
Yes, except LGP with the wide shoe, does the others standard D6T, XL, XW, has the same width of the shoes?
Its not just the width of the pads but also the track gauge. Our D6T XL has a wider track gauge in order to fit the C frame in between the main frame and the tracks. I believe its 74 for a standard XL and 84 for a VPAT XL. maybe someone else can confirm ?