Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Please help bidding a job

Rlh constructio ยท 2017-08-15 21:26

I have several pieces of equipment and dump trucks. Our local lake has has a bad flood and have several loads of brush debris on the banks around the camp sites. And when I mean several prob over a 1000 loads. Rules state no burning and all have to be removed from government grounds. 35 miles is as close as I can find to dump debris. Would you chip the smaller brush and Haul Off the longer ones. Please help

Replies2
  1. #1mitch5042017-08-15 21:33

    1000 lds, I'd chip it all. I can easily haul a 26-ton load of chips, it's hard to get 10 tons of brush. No way would I be using a hand-fed chipper, either, the labor would eat you alive. If It's clean and dry, see if you can sell the chips for fuel, even if at less than cost.

  2. #2d9gdon2017-08-21 21:54

    I'd work on finding a closer place to dump. That freight is liable to put you out of the running on the bid.