Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PLEASE HELP case 90xt skid steer running but no controls

CASE FREAK ยท 2010-06-24 23:19

I have a 1999 case skid steer 90 xt. Recently i have washed the mud out of the belly pan. Ever since then it has not run right. The skid steer runs but the controls are locked from moving them side to side. I can move the levers forward and backwards WHILE the skid steer IS RUNNING but there is no movement. I have noticed a wire that was rubbed through and thought that maybe that was it but that wire was for the light. Could that wire have shorted out something else? I was operating the skid steer the day before this happend and it ran fine until it just shut off then started back up. It did this 2 times now it wont move at all. Could any of this be a computer problem. ANY HELP WITH THIS TOPIC IS APPRECIATED. THANKS, CASE FREAK :drinkup

Replies6
  1. #1Cat Wrench2010-06-25 01:44

    Is your indicator lights on the panel showing the restraint bar and seat safety switches operating normally (are they both illuminated when you are trying to move it)? Have you checked all of the relays in the electrical box to see if you knocked one loose while cleaning it?

  2. #2KSSS2010-06-25 20:06

    After checking the above you might also look at a relay. I had one go out on a 440 and it locks the controls for the side to side movement.

  3. #3CASE FREAK2010-06-25 23:57

    thanks it was a wire on one of the relays it was corroded off and i fix it but now the skid steer runs for about 10 minutes and then shuts off. After it shuts off you have to wait 5 minutes then it starts. Everything shuts off just like u turned the key off. Also my lights and horn do not work. Can this be anything with the turning off problem? THANKS, Case Freak

  4. #4kuangqy2010-06-26 10:13

    I think you should check the big interface from the front room to rear room. this electric interface was loose maybe. it made trouble to me too.

  5. #5CASE FREAK2010-06-26 11:40

    im sorry but i have no idea what you mean by the Big Interface from the front room to the rear room. Can you please specify what it is or what it looks like and were it is? THANKS, Case Freak

  6. #6kuangqy2010-06-26 19:57

    I will show you the photo in the email. Best wishes!