Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Please help…Massey Ferguson 44C/Hanomag B11C Transmission Advice? Service Manual?

BikerBri ยท 2016-04-12 23:51

Good Evening Gentlemen...I'm a Hanomag/** Newbie who's having real trouble with my mid 70's Massey Ferguson Hanomag 44C Wheel Loader with about 5k hours. Initially, it had been leaking oil and I assumed it was engine oil but it was not. The next time I started it, it would not move an inch and I have no Getriebe/Gearbox oil pressure, so I shut it down. The Transmission dipstick reads full but I don't know if this is the transmission, gearbox, torque convertor, etc. Anotherwords, Is this Not the gearbox/transmission that the gage is reading as zero pressure. It's on the left side by where the machine articulates, and there's a sticker saying to check it hot, which I don't want to try now when I have no gearbox oil pressure but it's full on the dipstick, cold anyways. Both the engine and the transmission dipsticks on the left side read full when cold...I really need to find out where the torque convertor, gearbox, or PTO gearboxes are checked, etc as I think it's just low on fluid but don't know which fluids are checked hot/cold and their specific locations. So My question is, What oil is the gearbox/ transmission pressure gage reading and where do I check and add oil to it on a ** 44C/Hanomag B11C? I'm completely unfamiliar with these loaders and would really appreciate some troubleshooting advice about this G522 converter trans and a G422 powershift 6 speed gearbox ... Does Anyone Have A Massey Ferguson 44C or Hanomag B11C Service Manual Or Gearbox/Transmission Manual PDF or Paper Copy They'd Like To Sell? Thanks in advance for any advice, suggestions, or ideas as I'm trying to salvage, or not to ruin this machine.

Replies6
  1. #1onald122018-03-06 11:31

    hi everyone and hi BikerBri, i have ** 44 C as well and it seems that i have the same problem like you faced. my ** had been leadking oil while moving until its converter oil running out then stop. after i fill up the conveter oil, it will move. we had open up the converter many times but still couldnt find what is the problem. i had changed all the seal. does anyone had faced this issue and any solution for this issue? my dad bought this unit from 1985 and never be able to use it till today. im hoping i can find the solution before sell it as junk. thanks in advance.

  2. #2Farmwrench222020-01-08 13:07

    onald12 Did you ever find the leak in your ** 44C torque converter

  3. #3Wynn2024-10-26 00:03

    Hi I have the same problem of the torgue converter oil leaking into gearbox. Any advise or a copy of the transmission service manual please

  4. #4Wynn2024-12-01 09:51

    My problem was the duplex seal in the charge pump between the torque converter and transmission pump sections

  5. #5Bigbert2024-12-06 05:42

    Hi guys, which brand and type of transmission is fitted in your loaders? If ZF WG20 I'd be able to provide some stuff.

  6. #6Wynn2024-12-06 12:00

    Hi Bigbert my loader has a G423 transmission and G522 torque converter.