Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pleased i am not working with this guy

uffex ยท 2020-12-03 12:20
Replies14
  1. #1mitch5042020-12-03 12:44

    I would love to work with him, I'd never have to do anymore heavy lifting!

  2. #2scottwolowich2020-12-03 13:11

    Strong lad

  3. #3Nige2020-12-03 16:10

    Where I come from it's said "where there's no sense there's no feeling" ........ Talking about carrying stuff on people's heads I once watched a bunch of women (probably over 100 of them) carry and place over 120 cubic metres of concrete in metal "bowls" for the foundations of a gyratory crusher in a mine in Northern India. A bit like the photo below. The only mechanized piece of equipment on the job was the concrete vibrator.......

  4. #4AzIron2020-12-03 21:14

    I think the title of the thread should have read dont irritate this guy lol

  5. #5mitch5042020-12-03 21:51

    Only guy I know who might drop a bucket on you without using the hoe!

  6. #6uffex2020-12-04 04:46

    Nige Are you sure that was for the concrete? Kind regards Uffex

  7. #7Nige2020-12-04 05:57

    I was there and I watched them do it. Somewhere in an old photo album up in my attic I probably have the 35mm images that I took at the time, around 30 years ago. I remember being utterly gobsmacked that volume of concrete could be moved in such a way. Oh, and BTW it was all mixed by hand as well, but that was a job for men .......... All told there must have been a couple of hundred people involved in mixing and placing that concrete.

  8. #8LACHAU2020-12-04 06:12

    So sorry but this is a normal story in Vietnam.

  9. #9LACHAU2020-12-04 06:28

    study anytime, anywhere.

  10. #10uffex2020-12-04 08:16

    Wow sorry for those folk not sure about the fellow with the 345D the paper work does not look in good order, may need a re-print. Kind regards Uffex

  11. #11Nige2020-12-04 08:34

    Vietnam have it easy..!! They actually have a concrete mixer to do the mxing for them ........

  12. #12Birken Vogt2020-12-04 09:53

    Regards to moving concrete on baskets on the head; It strikes me that there is an engineer or project planner there that knows how many people/how many days it will take to make and move the volume of concrete required for whatever they are building. Like he has those numbers written down in a book somewhere and refers to it several times a year because you know this was not their first rodeo.

  13. #13Nige2020-12-04 12:08

    I recall during my time in India it was very common to see jobs being done manually rather than with machines for the simple fact that the country had 900+ million people (now 1.4 billionn) and somehow they all have to be fed. So if you want a 3' wide x 6' deep trench half a mile long you don't rent a backhoe, you contract a couple of hundred (or more) locals with picks & shovels. What each of them gets paid every day enables his (or her) family to eat. That's the simple fact of it.

  14. #14mitch5042020-12-04 13:07

    That picture looks so like me, some days; except for the bare feet! I NEVER go outside barefooted.