Okay, so here’s a new one. Getting ready for winter here and went to clean up leaves around plow and was going to take the 2 angle lines off as I was going to put some nylon sheathing over and found both plow lines eaten. One completely in half and the other hanging by a thread. Bite marks from decent size teeth all over them. They were the cheap PVC coated lines and have heard squirrels and chippys love the vegetable oil in the PVC coating but never anything like this. What The F.
Do you have porcupines there? They love fan belt and rad hoses as well.
Thats a big bite, porcupine.
Global Warming is causing all the animals to grow bigger.....
I've seen similar on ac lines I know the system was charged. Got a hole in it got froz3 then finish3d crewing it off
Ground hog (wood chuck).
How much hose could a wood chuck chew...
Had a groundhog chew right through the hard plastic fuel lines on my van once
Racoon like those "Synflex" lines a lot around here too. They don't bother the regular wire braid lines on outdoor equipment but the local sawmill manufacturer has had several lines "eaten" while new equipment is outside.
Time for some outer steel spring hose protection, or maybe some Kevlar protective sleeve?! Perhaps that'll make those critters think twice about attacking your hoses!
Sorry folks, look at the lines better. Those are big teeth. We live in the woods, have had a bear around a few times but with our dog, she doesn’t miss much. We have had a deer around that area a few times but never heard of deer doing this. We have cameras and lights all over. Any coon, porcupine or woodchuck doesn’t last long around here. Still weird. Not sure what animal could want to chew plow lines in half. Lol
I don't know what did that damage, but around these parts racoons have been chewing on composite decking because it's plant based material. As well as mice and squirrels eating the insulation on vehicle wiring harnesses.
I was thinking maybe habanero infused jackets?
Sasquach!!!!
I bet it hurts when it comes out the other end! https://www.advrider.com/f/attachments/6c96c5ad-745e-406a-a4d3-afb358ae2cc3-jpeg.4655393/