Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Poclain track loaders

Dominion 410 · 2010-03-19 22:08

Have seen some Poclain track and wheel loader pictures over the years.On Youtube there is some info as well.Anyone have dealings with them?The track loaders design look to be the predecessors of today's rigs. Dominion:canada

Replies5
  1. #1245dlc2010-03-20 07:53

    I thought Poclain just made excavators. Do you have any pictures or links of these Poclain track loaders?

  2. #2shovelman2010-03-21 18:34

    Poclain track loader Construction Mécanique de Carvin or CMC produced the C11 and C21 crawler loaders and P10 and P20 wheel loaders. I have been told that CMC was only a design firm mostly and had limited production facilities, so they went to Poclain for production and assembly. By coincidence, the CMC machines used Poclain pumps, motors, cylinders, drives, etc... My understanding is that only a few machines (less than 50 in total) were actually produced. There is a C11 currently being restored and when the project is completed I hope to be able to post photos. I've attached two stock photos from period brochures. As two different entities have watermarked the photo I can't foresee any problems with posting them.

  3. #3Dominion 4102010-03-22 22:46

    Poclain Thanks for the reply.The wheel loader looks like a Zettlemeyer(I think I spelled it correct).There is some video of the Poclain company on Youtube and it shows those same machines.The inside cab view of the track loader is real neat,and can be seen in one of them.Looks way advanced considering other make designs of the time.Would like to have demo'ed one. I have a book on the history of the Poclain company.Definitely pioneers in the hydraulic excavator field.The Poclain 1000 is no small machine.Hopefully will see some photo's of the C11 track loader when complete. Dominion:canada

  4. #4CM19952010-03-23 00:02

    Hey Dominion, could you post the links to the Youtube video of the C11/12?

  5. #5alan627b2010-03-24 22:10

    http://www.ceforum.co.uk/ http://www.classicmachinery.net/forum/ These are both UK construction equipment forums, I'll bet somebody over there can help you. I hope this helps. Alan