OK, my first puzzlement is what points and condenser am I looking for? have a 1964 Yale forklift, 6 volt system, with a Delco Remo 1110402 distributor in it. I cannot figure out what points and condenser I need to do a tune up on the system. The engine is a Continental F124 flat head. Any thoughts? Ed
Try Steiner Tractor Parts 800 234 3280
Could look here. You searched for points and condenser for Delco Remo 1110402 distributor - The Brillman Company brillman.com
Do you happen to have an old school auto parts store with an older guy? They can probably match up a set by looking at them. Younger guys don’t even know what points are lol. They shouldn’t be hard to find, those motors were in tons of tractors and forklifts.
Grindstaff Engines for all things Continental. 816-796-7676
Is that the same engine that came in the flathead Willys jeeps?
I doubt it. Different displacement & 54 years with Willy's flat heads, I've never heard mention of Continental. I believe the Continental engines were used in numerous machines including Lincoln welders.
The original Willys Jeep engine was a 4 cyl flathead, but it was a Willys-designed engine (by Barney Roos), called the "Go-Devil" engine. The Go-Devil flathead powered all the WW2 Jeeps, as well as the upgraded CJ2A Jeep that was produced between 1945 and 1949. In 1949, the redesigned CJ3A and CJ3B Jeep appeared with the F-head (overhead inlet and side exhaust valves) Willys "Hurricane" engine. You can't mistake this engine for a flathead. In 1947, the Willys Jeep pickup (truck) was introduced, this was a bigger Jeep with a longer wheelbase and separate pickup tub. The Jeep pickup was initially powered by the 4 cyl Go-Devil engine, then in 1950, the pickup got the 4 cyl Hurricane engine - and in 1954, the Jeep pickup got the flathead Willys 6-226 (6 cyl) "Super-Hurricane" engine. The interesting part about the Willys 6-226 is that it's not a Continental engine, it's a copy of the F-226 Continental engine! In 1953, Henry J Kaiser bought Willys-Overland and wanted to repower the Jeeps with the Continental F-226 - but Continental wanted too much money for their engine, in Harrys opinion! So old tightwad Harry set to and got Willys to copy the F-226, and made enough small changes to it, so that Continental couldn't sue him! I understand a lot of the components are interchangeable between the Willys 6-226 and Continental F-226 engine, but the F-226 was designed as an industrial engine, and the 6-226 was designed as an automobile engine. Willys Jeep Truck - Wikipedia en.wikipedia.org The 4 cyl F124 Continental was an industrial flathead engine that powered hundreds of thousands of welders, forklifts, a few IH tractors, and even the little USTrac dozer.
That's on Steiner's page
Become a parts counter person-1110402 dist was used in several applications. * https://www.pageturnpro.com/SMP/18756-BWD-Heavy-Duty/defaultie.html#56
I have a 54 cj3b out back, was my wheels 30 years ago, I don't know much more about those Willys