If you all will allow me to do so, I would like the input of you excavator owners. Let me explain. I work for a mining equipment manufacturer ( www.mti.ca ). I worked for MTI from 2006 to 2009 as a heavy equipment mechanic, at which time I was laid off due to the local mine closing. I have recently returned to MTI as an account manager. Part of my job is to introduce a couple new products into the heavy construction industry with eastern US as my territory. My expertise is more toward underground mining as opposed to surfce heavy construction, so I am looking to learn from those of who with this type of experience. I have been doing a door to door visitation with equipment rental companies, so far in NY state to start, but would value your opinions on a few questions that I have, to help me in improving presentation of the product and kind of get a sampling of potential interest in such a product. There are 2 items that I would to ask your opinion, but will do so in two seperate threads to keep the discussion seperate. To the site moderators: If you feel this is too sales-pitchy and violates your site rules, I will abandon the the thread. While anyone interested is welcome to inquire, my intention here is as mentioned, to gather opinions and information. Asking for help from site members.
Poll # 1 Attachment: Excavator mounted rotary jaw bucket crusher designed to crush demolition material up the hardest shotrock. 1. Would you have use for such an item? 2. What kind of jobs can you think of that you could use this for, keeping in mind you can crush down to 1 1/4"? 3. Would you rather have attachments that make a single piece of equipment more versatile using quick attach couplers, or would you rather have seperate job specific equipment? 4. With hard shot rock average production rates of 65 tons/hr (3.5") and 12 tons/hr (1.25"), would you consider using a unit of this type over a stand alone higher capacity crusher for smaller jobs? 5. Pertaining to demolition of concrete products, if you do demolition type work, do you recycle the material for onsite re-use, or does it get trucked away and dumped? 6. In projects that involve blasting (ie. rock cut for road construction), is the shot rock material generally crushed and reused on site? 7. Do you think there could be use for a bucket crusher in small gravel pit operations where there is larger diameter stone present in the material? 8. Note any other input/opinions you may have that may be relevant to using a ubit of type. Advantages, disadvantages, etc. Thanks in advance for taking time to respond, I value your input and experience, and look forward to your responses.