Friday night I was moving some material ,Bank run, Real Bone. From a previous post I was told how to sort the rocks out of it by piling it (works great) anyways I am now shipping more of the dirt off the property So I am coming in with a flat level bucket and sort of rocking it in while I am raising the bucket and pulling into the pile.and you can hear the hydraulics straining. Sure enough i hear a loud pop ( like the rear end on a car letting loose,or a metal shear pin letting loose) with in a second I could see the fluid on the floor, The line that popped was under the seat area so I did not get sprayed with it But man what a pain to replace it. I had to raise the machine up and install dunnage under it to support it, pull the bottom pan off it, Remove the gas tank (yep gas tank ,its a gas job) just to get at the hose. The hose looked perfect,I do know now when the machine is straining as it was to let off a little so I dont pop another hose. Well that was about 8 hours of my time lost to replace that one little hose. I feel sorry for the guys who own equipment and dont have the time or knowledge to repair something like this as I am sure with the amount of labor it took me it would have been a 600.00 to 900.00 repair if you had to pay a mechanic to fix it. Just thought I would share my misfortune
Ummm...I don't know what type of machine you are operating but was there not the opportunity to just tilt the cab to get at the hydraulics under the seat???. Least ways thats how most can be accessed.
Lines get old and over time and start breaking, nothing you can do but keep replacing the old ones as they break, or look for a new machine.
Its an older new Holland 784 skid steer No tipping the cab on this one the only access is from the bottom for the line that ruptured
Bummer
bad ending to a good day We were cleaning up a lot today with my T-190 and all was going well,until the bucket stopped operating. Hydraulic fluid pouring out the back, and I start fricking out. It only has 214 hours on it and is out of warranty by two months. When I calmed down and checked it out ,it was a lift cylinder line on the bottom side. A hole was worn into it, looks like it was rubbing on something. We were on a good roll.
While on the subject of breakdowns. We derailed a track on a Kobelco 200 excavator today. On the side of a steep hill in rocks and mud. Yup! it was really fun to get back on. Everybody should try it. :yup
Hose failure do to old age or rubbing is inevitable, regardless or hours, regardless of how you try to run the machine it will put max pressure into certain hyd circuits. If your hoses are truly a b*tch to access and you have a long term comittment going with your Nh, why not just rehose the pressure lines sometime when you not busy. At 6 hrs for one hose it could save you a ton of labour, and would look cheap compared to worrying about scratching that new paint Ken