First time posting. Never to old to learn. As a career mechanic and owner of a few small dozers over the years, I can be accused of over maintaining my "toys"... Currently have a Cat D4G XL. After a couple D20 komatsu's this thing is great. Do quite a bit of work with it. I have had a popping in the tracks and always thought it was a rock that slipped through the rail, sprocket or whatever. Have gotten off the machine, cleaned on track, looked all around. We have been so dry and was able to get the dried mud out of the tracks. Finally found I had a big rock rolling around that fit perfectly between the rail, final drive, and sprocket. I was able to get it out. How it got in their who knows. So, don't take for granted when working on your machine. I am glad this did not cause a cracked final drive housing. I had to roll it precisely to get it out of there. Second picture is in the back of my truck..yellow milk crate for reference. So my D4 passed a stone, LOL
No replies yet.