So i am in the market for a portable track pin press. I am looking for info in regards to, type, size, manufacturer. I need to do d7 and d8 size pins. Anyone know of or have something used for sale? Give me your thoughts!!!!! Theironoracle
To poke in 50mm D7-8 pins you need the 105 ton cylinder, I use the 2 tension rod setup with an electric oil pump, you can use the hand pump but it makes the task a fair Dog of a job, I have posted a few shots of pin poking in the "Using a bit of muscle" thing, the D8-350 size master pins can take upto about 80ton to set moving sometimes, I used to use the C frame setup untill it tore itself to bits, I never liked the thing and was glad to throw it in the scrap bin, the 2 rod job is the safest way to go, if you have the coins for new kit try Big Nozzie they make good kit at the right money.
Woops hit reply to thread and it ate my reply.......anyway tctractors who is big nozzie? Is this slang for another manufacturer? Can't find them with google. I used a 55 ton this week and it required heat to push pins, i figured 100 was the answer, always nice to get info from someone who uses one often...i have never used anything but a c frame so thanks for info about rod style being safer,,,, thanks theironoracle
This is what I use. I don't like that you need to buy all the different parts and pieces for all the different size pins but it works well http://www.wtcmachinery.com/wtcmachinery-MPP100-100_Ton_Master_Pin_Press.html Have a look, but they are not cheap
theironoracle, if you found my pic's of track pin pushing you would clearly see the difference between the 2 set ups, (C-frame= 2 rod) the 2 rod system in my mind is the safest and best style of kit to go for, those C-frame set-ups can let fly when thing get tough plus the fact they are tricky chunks to handle, I have had both styles of push frame and I am sticking with my 2 rod set-up, Big Nozzie is a track press manufacture C'o in Italy, they make first class kit plus you can deal with them directly making a considerable saving over other supply routes i.e. CAT tool cataloge, my advice to you if you want to push in the big standard syle pins (Non P.P.R.) is 105 ton cylinder pushing through 2 rods, those C frames are a dog and a half avoid em'
I have a home made C frame we use for a track press. We use it with a 100 ton ram, and it is a bear, but it does get the job done. We made it from a piece of plate. I think it is 2 1/2" or 3" thick. It is big enough to fit over a set of 375 excavator tracks. It has a saddle that the ram bolts to and a hollow tube on the other end for a receiver when pushing a pin out. One day I will get a picture of it in use, but I hope it is not too soon. That will mean something broke I didn't want to have broken.
thanks for the info, sounds like i will need to find a two rod set up, tctractors does big nozzie have a website? how about an email address of someone you know there? i can not find them with google... thanks again everyone, theironoracle
Track buster from canada makes press's, they were working on a 100 ton and also a 150 ton press, I have the wtc 100 ton myself, but as has been stated the tooling is a pain to keep track of, trackbuster seems to get by with virtually little or no tooling and is more compact than the wtc units.
Master pin press I have a cat portable press 100 ton and70ton rams with 110 volt elec pump new cond contact me if interested
yes Dknott i am interested. please private message me when you can........................theironoracle
track press I have a complete portable caterpillar track press kit for up to D 9 tracks comes with roll over frame, adapters, 110 volt 10,000 psi pump, 70 ton hyd ram, 100 ton hyd ram, these are all mounted in 5 custom made heavy duty aluminum lockable carrying box's I have approx $24,000.00 invested tried once to test never used again asking $18,000.00
Yair . . . An interesting thread. I can see in these days of SALT tracks such things may be seen as necessary but even way back I have seen folks waste money on various portable press systems and then decide they were just too much bother and they only used them once or twice. I see track links and pins and bushes as consumables and have no hesitation in splitting the boss of the outer links with the gas axe and knocking out the pins . . . reweld and pick up the side of the new pin with low hydrogen rods and you're back at work before you could even set up the press . . . even with SALT track what matter if one known pin is running dry? Cheers.
This past week-end there was an Auction sale nearby although I wanted to go to it I had to work, but a pal of mine was at the Auction and bought a few lots for me, in 1 lot was a rim pulling kit of a sort, in it was a CAT 105 ton cylinder and the push plate that uses the 2 rod track pin set up, the 2 rods are not in the kit but they are the cheap bit to buy, the cylinder is like new with the big CAT sticker on it, I cannot recall the exact cost of the rim kit but it was around the £500 mark, sadly I dont need it but I dont want it falling into the local boys hands so it will just get shoved under the bench I think and be a spare set of things i might never need?? there was a pump and all sorts of other CAT tooling in the box plus a few small cylinders for pinion work even the rig for sucking out Dead-shafts so it was a cheap little lot just for the simple parts, sadly the cost of sending these things to the USA is prohibitive else theironoricale would have a good setup for low coins.
TC I am interested and also looking for hollow jack, sure I read on one of your posts you have a spare. Back in the Emerald Isle for the last twelve year so not near your turf, Shillings are tight but sure we could do a deal
Is anyone still looking for a track pin press? There is one on auctiontime.com it is a Caterpillar 5P-3100!
still learn'n, i can't find it! i looked under heavy equipment and attachments. thanks for the help..........theironoracle
theironoracle the lot # is 3973 if you type that in the lot number search that is how I found it! Jerry
tc tractors I would be interested up here in Scotland will be out of your area if you think it would do as a track pin press please let me know if you would sell to me
Well Hitachi, I have been flogging off a few bits the last few weeks, today (funny in' it) I sold a 10'000psi pump that I was never going to use?? this was to a man that I do a steady amount of work for, he would use it to change bushings etc on tipper wagons, this type of work I dont do for him so its not a problem, I did take a snap of the pump in its new home to post on my useing a bit of muscle thing, I still have a few bits spare left like the end plate for a pin press I will sort the part number asap plus spare rim pull legs, feet and adapters for the dead shaft, but I dont have a spare pump now and i am not realy keen to sell a 105 ton cylinder, but you never know what turns up and I would be happy to help if I can. tctractors
I am just posting here to bring his thread to the top of he forum again so someone can find it..... TIO
So have you found a press yet? Curious as I could use one too....interested to see what you find....
Curb guy, yes I just purchased a slightly used OTC 100 ton kit with a cast iron c-frame all the adapters and drive pins what looks to be final drive pulling set for d5 to d9? I have not organized and inventoried everything yet! I showed up at the retired mechanics shop to purchase a torque multiplier and left with an amazing amount of tooling. He told me he had used pushed in about a dozen pins, pulled a set of 225 sprockets and a couple d8 finals, it's all like new. If your interested in the whole set PM me I am still looking for a two rod 100 ton kit and have zero interest in the final drive tooling there just isn't enough of this type of dozer in my area...........TIO
Not very good pictures but here is the track press and final drive tooling I picked up. I am trying to locate any info I can get my hands on in regards to this stuff like operators manuals for the final drive tooling (I got the track press operators manuals with the purchase) parts catalogs for a the kit any help is appreciated......TIO
Hi I am after a track press if you still have this please send me a pm and I'll give you my email address Thanks Imran
I saw a nice track press on you tube home made search excavator track repair
Track Press Is Your Track Press Already Sold ? Simon