Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

portafill screener

SVTSHELBYGT500 ยท 2015-09-06 19:50

Thinking of buying a new tracked screener . Looking at portafill 3000st or 5000 . Does anyone have any experience with these units ? thanks in advance ! Would use it to screen topsoil most of the time .

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies7
  1. #1clintm2015-09-06 21:44

    first time i have heard of them just looked at their website .I don't know i've had extec's for about 10years going to look at a third one tomorrow .they are most likely a spin off from one the other one's in ireland.

  2. #2Raff2015-09-08 09:51

    If your screening top soil I would highly recommend the 5000CT. It's not exactly a spin off. The owner of the company has been manufacturing plant for years. He used to own masterskreen I believe before selling to Metso. The screens are great. Very simple and easy moved from site to site.

  3. #3ChrisJette2015-09-08 10:14

    I have two of the Portafills. A 7000IC-R and a 5000CT. We do a lot of recycling, green waste and c&d. We have used it to screen topsoil, wood chips along with gravel and crushed concrete. No matter what you put in the machine it screens and it does a great job. The machines are very durable and take the beating in stride from an industry as tough as ours. Being a small, family owned company so we needed compact equipment to break into the business. Going with these guys was the right move for us.I'll shoot you a link of our last job... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFqyS4VfD0A Shoot me a pm if you want. Or if you want come up to see them running.

  4. #4Kieran.mccracke2015-09-09 12:09

    Hi, I work for a company call Screen Services based out of Baltimore MD. We are the Portafill dealer for MD,PA,VA,DE. We have several machines working in a lot of different applications if you would like to see some working please give me a call.

  5. #5SVTSHELBYGT5002015-09-12 17:34

    We have rented a crushed and screener from screening services . Will catch up with Davie to hopefully be able to see some machines working . This is something that's on my radar for 2016 . I have spent enough money in 2015 . I'm just hoping that the Fed's do the accelerated depreciation ! I hope I'm impressed with portafill .

  6. #6SVTSHELBYGT5002015-09-12 17:48

    We have rented a crusher and screener from screening services . Will catch up with Davie to hopefully be able to see some machines working . This is something that's on my radar for 2016 . I have spent enough money in 2015 . I'm just hoping that the Fed's do the accelerated depreciation ! I hope I'm impressed with portafill .

  7. #7SVTSHELBYGT5002016-07-31 15:50

    Did buy a new portafill 5000 in April from screen services . Very happy with it so far ! Screening topsoil and sandstone . Very productive .