Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Possible Problem with JD 27D auxiliary hydraulics

Festiva60 · 2024-09-25 14:23

Hello. I’m new here as I just found this forum. I have a 27d I purchased a few years ago and am now trying to get it ready to put a hydraulic thumb on it. When I press the switch on the joystick, it does not make any noise like my skidloader does when there is nothing hooked up and I press the switch on that. Do I have to have something hooked to it in order for it to work? I have nothing to hook up and test it with unfortunately. Also, does anyone have any manuals or parts books in pdf or paper form? I like having that kind of stuff on hand just incase. Thanks for any help!

Replies2
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-09-25 15:36

    Welcome to HEF Festiva . The factory 2way auxiliary function is operated using a right hand joystick slide switch OR a foot operated pedal. At the Deere bookstore you have the option to download a free copy of the Operators manual. https://www.johndeeretechinfo.com/search?p0=model&p0_v=27D&pattr=p0 . . Deere online parts lookup is available here , https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/ .

  2. #2Festiva602024-09-25 17:05

    Thanks for the links! I have the switch on the joystick, but does nothing when it is actuated. Now I don’t have anything hooked up to it, but I don’t get a change in RPM or any load noise when I actuate it.