I found a company in europe that can supply a retractable undercarriage, which would be extremely helpful for the kind of work I do. So I'm looking at 2.6 class machines - bobcat E26, Kubota U27, etc. The company just supplies the undercarriage and not the hydraulics to connect to it. I'm wondering if it's even possible to find a swivel joint with an extra circuit. Are the swivel joints industrial parts that have some commonality or are they more often specific to a machine and/or built by the machine manufacturer? Appreciate any info. I know this is a little crazy, but I'm basically looking for proportional functionality in a 2.6-3.0 ton machine that the 1.7-2.0 ton machines commonly have with the factory retractable tracks. Thanks
When I put Felco conveyors on my Cat 330 and 345 machines, I put a mechanical valve on the travel reverse (on the travel motor) to supply the conveyor, and used the 2spd circuit (with a cab switch) to control the conveyor. Hold the switch on, and use the right pedal in reverse to run the conveyor. Just had no rabbit travel when the mechanical valve was set to conveyor.
That's a good point - it's not a control that needs to be used very often so a mechanical valve would suffice. As much as I have getting out of the cab
How do they run the blade lift and angle circuits?
that is a good point. the 35 I ran had the angle blade so that is an extra function. It was buttons on the stick lever, so I don't know how they implemented it. That hardware would provide for the track telescope.
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if the 26 shared a swivel joint size with the 35s, so maybe a swivel from one with an angle blade would add the extra function. Wading through parts compatibilities without a serial number is kind of tough but worth a shot. As for the undercarriage, the drawing doesn't show show any blade or slew bearing attachment so I will have to check on that. Still checking basic feasibility on the idea, it would be a big project. Cat does offer retractable tracks on the 302.7, but they only pull in 7" less than normal to 54". The 2 ton machines have tracks that retract 15" less than normal (39"/54"), so for a 2.6t machine with normal tracks at 61", the equivalent would drop them down to 46". If I could get to 48" that would probably be worth a significant expense to me.
the 17G I rented you picked it up blade and bucket to free the tracks, then operated a lever. LINK to post here.
Yeah I noticed that too- the 17g doesn't use a solenoid to operate the track extension so it seems it has an extra circuit in the swivel joint. Too bad I don't really care for those machines. I'm interested to see what the new small Deeres made by wacker neuson will look like.
Have you checked the width of the carbody of 2.6 ton machines? I couldn't find the spec for the ones you mentioned but the Deere 26 is 53" across the body and 61' across the tracks.
Oh man good point. Some of them are quite wide and round shaped. Although for my application (I build trails) it might be acceptable to have a couple inches of body overhang, it still would make it less useful. I'll check into that