Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

post vibration for skid steer

Themandownunder ยท 2009-09-20 01:48

I've been looking at post vibe and a couple of others in the UK I replace rural fencing and vinyard posts in Sout Australia. Post drivers arer being phased out by a lot of the bigger wineries as they too dangerous Has anyone any experiance with one of these or could recommend a brand - even a design I could copy.........I am happy to buy just component parts and a plan Pellenc the french company have just brought one in for tractors on a 3 point linkage, but I want a front skid steer operated one with a tilt tatch style set up - Pellencs is $25k which is far too much for what it is - I was thinking more around the $10k mark My machine is a Cat 297c tracked 1000hp with high flow Everything looks wonderful on youtube but I'd rather have a recommend from someone who has used one I'll even buy second hand

Replies5
  1. #1bushinspector2009-09-24 12:31

    Sometimes other adding other attachments can be qustionable if they are not on the approved vendor list. Could void any warrenties that you have

  2. #2Hanomag2009-11-11 15:41

    Reference fence post driver Go to www.postpuncher.co.uk This driver is good, the weight is hidden in the tube, it can be fitted to a tele handler, excavator or loader. Meade might have a dealer in your area.

  3. #3bd7972010-01-20 11:51

    Have you thought about adapting a hydraulic breaker to your machine. This works great. They are used here quite a bit. Use a worn breaker and saw it off flat for the anvil. Weld a cup on the anvil to put the posts in and use the downpressure of the loader. Works great. You could even put on a tilt tach on it for about 15 degrees of leveling.

  4. #4Dodge07around2010-01-24 22:45

    quick attach post driver makes an awesome one, I've got one for doing highway fences, and agriculture fences. Does everything from t-posts to railroad ties. Check it out.

  5. #5Squizzy246B2010-01-25 00:19

    Welcome to the Heavy Equipment Forums. First of all where do we find a tracked machine with that much Hp? ... Secondly, I would try Montabert http://www.montyproducts.com.au/breakers.shtml They had some left over Atlas Copco or Ingersoll Rand stuff (can't remember which) which included vibratory heads for driving sheet piling. Local guy quoted me $7 grand for my 3 tonne mini. Might be worth looking into.