Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Powerscreen Belt Problem

John C. · 2023-02-05 11:02

Got a call on Friday concerning a Powerscreen Chiefton 1400. The two side belts are apparently powered together and are surging. The caller has checked all the stuff on the belts themselves; load on each, clean drive and tail wheels, tracking and so on. Asked me about the hydraulics. I tried looking up info on the machine and get very little. No books available that I can find. Caller doesn't know if they even have a parts book. Ad material says cast iron pumps and motors which I assume are gear pumps but could be vane pumps. Caller says the belts are variable speed but doesn't know if the motors are plumbed in series or parallel. I suspect some kind of split on the supply side control valve with either a priority valve or flow control. Any information would be highly appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1antz2023-11-21 20:29

    I have current parts and operation manual if you are still looking.