Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pre combustion chamber failure

PHDiesel · 2024-09-28 18:14

Hi guys. I have a no. 12 grader here 17k with a d333c in it I believe. The motor has not long been rebuilt and new head installed with new pre combustion chambers. The other day I was driving it and the top half of the pre combustion chamber blew out of the head. The bottom half is still screwed in. Engine was running okay prior apart from slobbering badly Anyone had this happen with new chambers?

Replies3
  1. #1Dave Neubert2024-09-28 19:17

    must of had a crack in it

  2. #2Junkyard2024-09-28 19:45

    Given the quality of a lot of parts these days it doesn’t surprise me. Do you know if it was genuine Cat? Even some of their parts are questionable. It’s gotten to the point I spend more time inspecting new parts than I do actually assembling something.

  3. #3PHDiesel2024-09-28 21:27

    ITR combustion chambers I believe