I'm looking to buy a new 72" or 78" dirt bucket for my ctl. I've currently got an 80" bucket which is turning out to be a huge pita to find edges for. Very few stock an 82" edge and the ones that do have a different bolt pattern then my bucket. I've been looking at Berlon buckets which are made about an hour and a half from me and the dealer network is huge around here for them. Is there another brand I should look at which would have a more standardized size and bolt pattern for edges? Around here 75% of what I see is Berlon, the occasional FFC, Virnig, or machine branded (Case/Cat/Deere,etc) buckets. What's your guys thoughts or experiences with buckets and what to check for when buying?
How big of a job would it be to change the bolt pattern on your bucket to accept the cutting edges that are available to you?
I have been running a Cat bucket on my T250 for several years. Before the first paint was wore off, we welded old D5G cutting edges on the bottom. I run mainly toothed buckets and was tired of replacing buckets due to the non-changeable (well with our a torch and welder) cutting edge between the shanks. The solution was to buy a new smooth lip bucket with a replaceable cutting edge. We found some Cat backhoe shanks and trimmed them to fit the profile of the bucket and welded them on. Now I have a skid steer bucket where we can replace the cutting edge and never wear the bucket out between the shanks.
Any feedback on versatech? The name sounds familiar but i cant find a website for them? Found a brand new one on craigslist
RJ, during my 4 in1 search, I wasn't ever able to find out who actually builds Versatech. Lot's of there product around, but who knows?