Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Premier Capital Horrible Experience

1toomanyhobbies ยท 2010-12-15 13:14

I need to rant for a bit. I just purchased (or thought I did) the T190 skid steer. Premier Capital had sent me a form outlining a 5 year lease with payments etc. I had signed everything and sent in a check which they cashed Now they have called me saying they need to change the terms to a 3 year deal which will change the payments from $575 to $1300. This is my first time with a lease but I have never seen where a company cashes a check then changes the terms? They say I didn't read the document in full and that it was only a potential payment plan and that they had the right to change the terms on final review. Yes, I didn't read the full document so that is on me but with past purchases of cars, house, motorcycle and even my mini excavator, I have been able to trust the summary from the agent I spoke to. I based my purchase on being able to afford the payments originally given to me by the company. Now i have to go find another finance company see what options are available. This is the worst experience I have ever had with a finance company.

Replies2
  1. #1JDOFMEMI2010-12-15 21:56

    Sounds like a bad bit of "bait and switch" Lured you in with a low payment offer, then it mysteriously gives way to an unaffordable one. To bad you appear to be dealing with someone with low ethical standards. Good luck.

  2. #2BillG2010-12-15 22:07

    Forgive me if I am wrong here, and it changes from state to state. But I believe that if they change the terms from the accepted contract, you have the right to return the equipment and cancel the lease. Call your local district attorney's office and see what they say.