Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pressure relief

Brian645 · 2024-09-18 23:30

The first pictures believe is a relief manifold not sure if that is correct. The bottom two is of this loose contraption with hoses that terminate in to it. This is the source of a leak. I’m really not sure what purpose this serves. It almost looks like someone “made it work” at some point rather than capping the line. Can anyone educate me on this? View attachment IMG_1233.jpeg View attachment IMG_1234.jpeg View attachment IMG_1235.jpeg

Replies4
  1. #1Cliffy2024-09-19 05:02

    First picture, is a pilot controlled spool valve assembly. It looks to me like a section of the spool valve stack has been removed. Because the studs are now too long, they put some pipe in between on the studs as spacers to take up the gap. Also the third section is capped off. The other 2 look like something in the pilot system. I think you will have to trace the lines and give us a little more information.

  2. #2Brian6452024-09-19 06:57

    I can get better pics, but the thinner hoses, some come off the valve assembly and some are long and go across the machine to another valve assembly, my best guess is like you said it’s missing or piece or that’s a smaller replacement and I could cap those lines. Maybe‍♂️

  3. #3Diesel Dave2024-09-19 16:00

    I agree with Cliffy, need a bit more info. What model machine is this ? Sure looks like a shuttle valve in the IMG_1235 . .

  4. #4Brian6452024-09-19 16:09

    Ok so here are three additional photos. Four hoses go across to the other side of the machine I believe to the controls. Picture two shows the hoses coming across and they turn into towards the cab. One hose goes back to the valve assembly and one just terminates after a 1’ or so. The machine is a 1987 dresser 645