Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pro and cons of Clark clg55 please help

Colt czerwinski ยท 2020-01-10 19:26

Looking to buy forklift Clark clg55 can I still get parts for it ? My forklift mechanic says he only seen two in his whole career ? Any info would be great . Tia

Replies9
  1. #1TD242020-01-11 17:56

    Has CGP55 on overhead guard. Appears to be on LP gas by tank on back. Pic of the data plate showing actual model/serial number would enable help. Would depend on what parts you might need.

  2. #2Colt czerwinski2020-01-11 22:15

    It's a cgp55 yes it's a lp truck has Chevy v6 in it don't need any parts yet but want to know if it's a good buy I don't use it a lot have a welding and fabrication shop

  3. #3TD242020-01-12 17:39

    "Good buy" would depend on a MAJORITY of the following: You have access/possession to use/test out, everything seems to work. Knowledge of where it came from-Past use/maintenance/treatment as to weather exposure. Is its size, down height/lift height,and capacity suitable for where you will want to run it. How much the owner wants for it. One sold 9/18/19, with 9970 hours for $6500.00 Another sold 6/6/18, with 1712 hours for $5,750.00. Hr meter reading are relative... We figure 2,000 hours a year on a machine used in a production environment, 8 to 5, 5 days a week. No hour meter numbers should be taken as gospel. All that said, the pics looks like a better that average machine appearance/condition. Seat used, but intact and not NEW. Triple stage upright and whatever attachment is a plus from a "vanilla" truck. Headlights, mirrors not banged up. paint in "good" condition. There is some references to "discontinued". Could mean just no longer produce(model change), problem truck, etc. Send me an email address to: [email protected] . I will be getting some specific info on its SN and fwd to you / 2 or 3 days. Cheers

  4. #4Colt czerwinski2020-01-12 23:30

    Thanks for the help I tried to email you but yahoo says they blocked me my email is [email protected] look forward to your info

  5. #5Colt czerwinski2020-01-12 23:57

    I appreciate your help a lot , I can't wait to see the info you have on this forklift . I have used this forklift for about 6 months in my shop and have had no problems with it my friend buys and sells forklift and he bought it and shipped it to me so I could use it until he found me another one a little smaller but I fell in love with it and love the capacity of it not that i use it all but nice to have I mostly use it in my shop to unload steel and to load gates and such and more also I do some commercial welding and Fabrication and get into big projects sometimes . I checked the oil when I got it and it was good looks like it's going to need a radiator soon and it has some rust in places but not to bad I don't remember the hours on it but i can look tomorrow . The owners wants 7800.00 for it he originally wanted 10,000 and that was too much for me and he is taking a deposit then letting me make 12 monthly payments. Also I would like to service it soon would like to know what I should do obviously plugs wires cap and rotor change oil . Possibly change hydraulic fluid if that's possible or needed any info would be great thanks also want to paint it and clean it up

  6. #6Colt czerwinski2020-01-12 23:59

    Here is my smoker project I'm building with it too .

  7. #7TD242020-01-13 15:24

    Thousand dollars of smoker... Takes a millions dollars worth of meat...LOL Sharp fab there. Info obtained e mailed today. Your e mail address added to my contacts and should allow you in now. Please acknowledge on it to confirm.

  8. #8Colt czerwinski2020-01-13 15:43

    I just sent email again and still got blocked

  9. #9TD242020-01-14 17:49

    OK. Got the block corrected and have obtained and sent detailed info on the machine from a Clark source. We can go from here on anything further you need.