Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PRO for Allison

IceHole · 2023-09-05 04:27

Have a 90 F800 diesel with Allison auto. I think AT545, but not 100% Is there a cheapish source for PTO for these? I'd imagine it's unique to those trans? Trying to put a log loader off a 70s C70 Chev on the Ford. Engine locked up and truck is rotted out. Ideal would be that pump and PTO fit on the Ford, but guessing I can't be that lucky. I checked truck shops and prices for just the PTO are way more than I have in this truck. I was thinking $500 on the high end. Boy was I WAYYYY off! Even thinking of running the pump off a 2 cylinder 18hp Briggs. Not sure if it'd have enough power though. Truck would be used a few times a year, nothing I need day after day.

Replies8
  1. #1funwithfuel2023-09-05 06:38

    Find an old yard horse that's getting parted out. They all used those transmissions and all had a PTO hanging off of them for the hydraulic 5th wheel. Just a thought. Good luck.

  2. #2Old Doug2023-09-05 07:34

    Some of these transmissions didnt have a gear to run a pto. You can run the serial number and find out. I have had alot of experience with ptos some transmissons models can have over 12 different ptos . Like Funwithfuel said a used one would be great but it may take alot of looking. Good luck

  3. #3cfherrman2023-09-05 15:06

    I wonder if my 653 PTO would fit, I may check tonight and see if I don't get home too late. Might be too big

  4. #456wrench2023-09-06 11:04

    Check a wrecker that may have an old cf gmc or ford with an AT545. A pto on a 545 was not as common as on MT653’s

  5. #5IceHole2023-09-06 12:53

    I'll see about pics

  6. #6Jonas3022023-09-06 21:10

    crankshaft mounted pump

  7. #7IceHole2023-09-09 19:08

    Specs online are way off. MT653 Real fun crawling under it, truck is STUPID low. Needs like 6" lift.

  8. #8cfherrman2023-09-09 19:11

    Should be easy to get a converter driven pto then, I might try sell you my used one I'd have to pull off