Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Probably a stupid ?….. Deere 650J

Mark Luttrell · 2022-03-07 09:35

2005 Deere 650J Looses transmission fluid at about 1/4 gallon an hour. Pump on right final drive is leaking but I can’t find leak/see leak. I removed back and bottom covers. Pressure washed while minding electronics. Had my brother inch it forward while I looked inside with a flashlight. Couldn’t find leak. Mechanic coming to look at it soon. He said maybe it needs to get hot for it to leak. Anyways, my question is: does the right side fluid reservoir/hydraulic reservoir run just the blade and or ripper/winch controls? And the transmission reservoir run just the final drive pumps? Thanks!

Replies2
  1. #1StevenG2022-03-23 11:20

    A quart an hour is a pretty good leak and should be visible if leaking externally. Are any fluid compartments gaining oil?

  2. #2Mark Luttrell2022-05-09 16:22

    I brought the right final drive motor to a pump shop and they said it is not leaking. However when I separated the motor from the parking brake, oil came out. Looking at the schematic of the system, it shows the parking brake is run off the hydrotats. Could the parking brake be leaking and that be my issue? Not seeing anything online about that happening. And no the final drive is not gaining oil.