This is the problem, I have a JLG 600AJ year 2002, it has a Ford 2.5 lt engine, it was working well but suddenly one day when I turned the engine on it turned off after a few minutes, after being checked by several mechanics finally one guy told me the problem was the fuel pump, the fuel pump that is on that equipment it is a "Bosch", it seems to deliver 45-50psi. I could not get a "Bosch" fuel pump so I got a "Federal Mogul", when I installed the new pump it worked well for a couple of minutes, then the fuel pump gets really hot and the pressure goes down! The new pump delivers 110psi, I want to know if I need to get a fuel pump that delivers the 45-50psi or if there is something else wrong, the gay in the auto store says fuel pumps must deliver 85-110psi, but the pump gets hot and stop working trying to deliver the 110psi. I hope you can help me out with this problem, thanks!!!!
any fuel pump (electric) for a carb ford 2.5 motor should work I believe they are all 12 volts dc. If fuel line is partly clogged pump will continue to run. If the carb float is not closing and the pump has to continually supply gas ( machine should flood out ) then pump will get hot. If your ground wire is loose or not grounded well it may run hot. If you have a amp meter that will check the amperage on hot wire to the pump see if it is in specs with the data of the fuel pump. thats all the advice that I can think of at the moment. hope this helps.
didnt think of the engine being fuel injected if so some of my reply disregard.