Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Problems with Case 721D

Copenhagen ยท 2007-01-30 11:34

I was moving snow today and the engine started overheating. Started checking things out and the fan wasnt running. I beleive it is hydraulicly driven so I am not sure what the problem is. After I let the engine cool down for a while, I pushed up one more pile and the parking brake came on automatically and it wont shut off. Now I have an overheating machine that wont move. Thank goodness it is a rental, Neff is on their way to fix it. Great way to start the day!!

Replies2
  1. #1CascadeScaper2007-01-30 19:36

    I'm betting $10 on fuses. Keep us informed. Our Cat 216 skid steer dropped a fuse one day and it was the one for the radiator fan, machine overheated every 10 minutes.

  2. #2Copenhagen2007-01-31 13:17

    PM me for my address. I accept cash only, no checks. Especially from you operator types!! I know they are red hot! :cussing I took the skid to clear a driveway while Neff was on their way down. As soon as I was done, I figured I would try the loader one more time. I fired it up and let it sit for a few minutes. Everything worked just fine. I dont know what it was but as far as I can tell the outside temperature must of had something to do with it. It was about 10 degrees that morning and about 35 when I tried it the second time.