Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Procedure on fixing 3046 camshaft bearing

Self-Jameel ยท 2023-06-27 05:47

Pls I need to know the possible 3406 camshaft bearing oil hole position.. I'm appreciating any brother trying to render help.i await your kind and good gestures..

Replies6
  1. #1Truck Shop2023-06-27 07:23

    Put them back where line up.

  2. #2Self-Jameel2023-06-27 08:01

    The problem is that almost all of em turned hence why the replacement I just need help with the oil hole arrangements..

  3. #3Truck Shop2023-06-27 21:20

    If those bearings spun the block cam bearing housing bores need to be checked. I use a a paint marker, mark the block next to bore mark the cam bearing as it relates to oil rifle and paint mark on the block. {Double check alignment-paint marks lineup-Drive them.

  4. #4Truck Shop2023-06-27 21:40

    Plus You will need appropriate machined slug to pilot/drive them.

  5. #592U 34062023-06-27 21:48

    Yeah if they spun you've likely got a fitment issue. Cat probably has an oversize bearing where you'd have bores machined larger to accept a bigger bearing. As for alignment, I always try and stick a bent coat hanger or wire in through the hole to confirm its in proper alignment.

  6. #6Self-Jameel2023-07-04 10:02

    Thanks to everyone here, who take's there precious time out to render help to me.i very much appreciated all of your efforts thanks so much as I solved the problem few days back, was facing some technical issues with ma phone hence why I wasn't able to update your guys long ago. Thanks so much to y'all