Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

propane problem

butch h ยท 2017-02-02 14:56

It's a seventies, ( I think ) Yale fork lift, with a slant-six Chrysler engine running on propane. I'd like to know where I could obtain a regulator for the propane, and any information regarding this machine. Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1Junkyard2017-02-02 17:15

    All of the propane forklifts I've ever worked on had the same regulator. Any place that services or sells them should have one. Usually run around $100. If they happen to be a good dealer I'd bet they can also source a manual and other info. A little google search will probably help with a manual and other info. There are guys on here that know lifts they'll chime in at some point I'd imagine. Junkyard

  2. #2check2017-02-02 18:22

    Does it have a brand name (Impco maybe?) and model? You might be able to get a repair kit for it, consisting of a diaphragm and needle and orifice. Some of them have heater hose connections because propane has Freon-like characteristics and freezes up when undergoing a pressure drop, which warm water cures. It's been decades since I hand my hands on one and my memory is foggy. They have some on ebay.

  3. #3m16ty2017-04-22 10:06

    We run a fleet of propane forklifts and get our new regulators from www.propanecarbs.com Most all older regulators are Century, most of the newer ones are Impco. Propanecarbs sell Impco but can match up a replacement for what you have, if you can provide them make and model of the old one.

  4. #4TD242017-04-23 16:25

    Post the serial number of the machine and a picture of the "regulator". If no plate, the numbers will be cut in the frame somewhere in letters/numbers mixed in about 3/4 inch text. If possible, a close up pic view of right hand side of the machine (from sitting in the seat) would be helpful. With a slant six engine, it will be above 5000 pounds capacity.

  5. #5icestationzebra2017-04-24 23:31

    All materials cool as they expand, especially when they go through a phase change. That is why aerosol cans cool as you use them. ISZ