Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Propane tank change -no start Genie Z45

Hartlyboiy ยท 2024-05-04 10:28

Got a new one in my journey to understand my Z45. Unit was running fine but I needed more fuel [propane]. Took the tank off and had it filled at a reputable supplier. Re-installed and it ran for about 3 minutes and cut off -sounded like fuel starvation. Cranks but won't start now. Air in the line? Do these engines [Ford EFI] have a prime button for propane? Would a whiff of ether be a problem for these engines running on propane? Any thoughts appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1Birken Vogt2024-05-04 16:31

    Threads on the quick connect adapter screwed down all the way? I chased that one for a quarter of the day on shop fork lift. No I was not the one who installed the tank, I was just trying to move something.

  2. #2Hartlyboiy2024-05-05 11:01

    Many thanks, Birken. I was sure the tank connection was tight but decided to try it again and got almost a full turn on it and heard the gas start to flow. The engine fired up and ran fine after that. I won't make that mistake again. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience.