Coming close to getting my first track loader, 955L. Did some searching and found some discussions but nothing that I thought was real clear for this old guy. What is the proper way to secure a highlift bucket so you can work on the engine?
I'm not familiar with that exact machine but in the past and on one of mine there is a strut that is pined up out of the way to the lift arms,when the lift arms are at max height you unpin it, fold it down to the top of the cylinder,then lower the lift arms, that strut supports the weight,to work on the engine exc.
The 955L has a truly excellent safety prop system with a separate pin from the bucket cyl. The supporting arm slides onto a built in pin and then there is a further screw on bolt. Very nice, very strong, the cylinders don't need to even be there, cost them a ton and I wish they still did it.
Thanks much, this is great
Komatsu 150, do you know what the part number is for the retainer? I was talking to the local dealer and they couldn't find the part number in the book. I currently have the harms being held up by an 8 foot 6x6 setting under the cross bar. Would sure like to find the part.
Well I didn't realize it but apparently the later serial number machines no longer have the safety prop like I posted. I notice this an a machine that another forum member just bought. I will bring the parts book home from work and scan a picture tonight. I can't find the other thread but there appears to be a support that clamps over the rod like a typical shop would use.
Appreicate the assit and look forward to seeing what you find
This is from my original part book. Part section A--A contains the parts for the safety link. The additional part no. 13-2 in the top picture is in the frame section and consists of a bolt on a chain. This is screwed in place after the safety link is positioned in the end of the pin and keeps the link in place securely.
That's it, great thanks. The part number looks like 7K7970 BOLT ASSY, the other one close by is 2M4287 Ring but doesn't sound like a ring.
What they call a ring is actually a big washer trapped under the bolt head. That's what the chain is attached to. You need a washer there larger than the hole in the link to keep the link from backing out. The bolt has a rod welded to it as a handle so you don't need tools. The one bad thing about Cat has always been their parts books. The online version the parts guys use has the same pictures. Over the the years it has gotten somewhat - well not better so much as less crappy.
Thanks much