Here's some Prudhoe Bay Drill Rig move pictures. Sent to me,recently. Looks like Doyon's Rig. Big tires hydraulic run, work similar to a pallet jack hydraulics. Jack it up and go, when on site just lower to ground. 3 mph top speed. :usa
Amazing Great pics :drinkup
Prudhoe Bay Scenes More 2008 winter scenes from Prudhoe Bay, Alaska .
I don't care what the better half says bout it being COLD up there, heck we had a number of days down in Wisconsin that our temps were colder than up there this year(according to weather.com), but I really want to get up there sometime. Your photos are awesome, love the snow, and you just can't beat the Northern Lights. Always look forward to your pics Northart. Thanks Trbo
Nice photos Northart. It is a Doyon rig, I just can't tell if it is 15 or 16. Pretty inpresive going down the road, I don't remember the derrick height, but I'll bet it is 200+ feet from the ground to the crown.
All the triple rigs I ever worked on the derrick was 142' off the floor. Nice pics North Art. I like the Northern Lights.
Prudhoe Bay Seismic Train Here's some Prudhoe Bay Seismic Cat Train Pictures. These are the guys doing seismograph work searching for Oil. They have some interesting equipment. I don't have any of the seismograph tracked vehicles here. The Cat Train in the distance, Cat D7G's, Tucker Snowcat for transportation. "Cat Train" means a string of sleds pulled by Cats . On the sleds are the bunkhouses, cook shack, wash car, Generator sled, supply, tools, and everything else needed in the field to do the work.
142 sounds right, I know when they started using the top drives they had to add about 20+' to the derrick for the extra lenght of the drive unit. anyone that has been around the cat trains will remember one of the more unpleasent experiences of them was to be walking by the shower/head unit when someone inside was using the brownie burner toilet!!!!!!!:throwup