Hey hef got a Volvo trans with valve body out. But I'm not finding what I thought. By looking at flow chart it uses k2 ( clutch 2 ) and brake 5 both used in either reverse 2 or forward 1 and they are strong. So if I have the right info and interpreting info correctly the trans its self should be good.? Any thoughts welcome. Trans oil is used but overall clean no debris.
Just picked this from prosis, says neither K1 or K2 are used, but strangely it also says in another section that S8 is for reverse but its not shown on the picture? S8 Solenoid for reverse gear S8 applies and releases clutch K2. Application takes place when S8 is not energised. Solenoid S8 is energised (clutch 2 is released) in all forward gears apart from 6th gear. When 6th gear forward is engaged, clutches 1 and 2 are applied. This is achieved by energising S7, but not S8.
I was thinking miss print based on other Volvo trans info I found I looked a b and d models all use k2 for reverse ?
Hi, K2 is used in reverse but the S8 solenoid is not active. K2 clutch engagement is via relay RV8 as shown below
have you checked trans pressures
I’ve got the same issue. Had a ecm failure holding it in reverse. Replaced that ran it for a week now slipping in reverse and won’t move. Forward gears are fine. K2 has 150 psi. I’m assuming this is were the no movement is coming from. Valve body next or go straight to dropping trans? Thanks guys
I think you got a burnt clutch pack mbar. Mine was leaking clutch pack couldn't apply with air all the rest could they sold truck as is
Didn’t think of the air test. I believe the ecm and slipping were just a bad coincidence.