Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pulls slight right going fwd, dead straight when backing up

mudnducs ยท 2014-12-01 19:35

Hi Gents....I'm not alarmed by the problem. Bobcat 442. Pulls slightly right when driving toward the blade (fwd) (maybe 2 ft to the right in 100' of travel) but goes dead straight when "backing up". Anything I should be watching for?

Replies6
  1. #1willie592014-12-01 21:18

    Check the pilot valves that the pedal/levers operate for dirt, it only takes a little bit of dirt/debris to prevent moving the pilot valve spool fully when you operate pedal/lever, and just 1/16" of movement of those spools makes a big difference.

  2. #2John C.2014-12-02 00:29

    I think that machine has manual travel controls. I believe there are stops on the levers or maybe a piece of linkage is bent. If I remember right you can remove a plate in the floor boards to check it.

  3. #3maddog2014-12-02 07:31

    I thought my deere had an issue but I noticed the one arm is bent very slightly.

  4. #4mudnducs2014-12-05 21:34

    Been gone a bit...thank you so much guys!!! I'll check linkage and control valving!

  5. #5PhilDirt2014-12-07 20:23

    Steel tracks? Maybe the left track is worn more than the right.

  6. #6mudnducs2014-12-07 21:04

    As a matter of fact yes...steel tracks Phil. That would make a difference fwd but not backward?