Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pulltarps

CESI ยท 2012-10-03 17:18

Deas anyone know about "Pulltarps". I am trying to find how good their tarp system on the trucks. Especially, I am looking for advises if I should go with Automatic Arm System or Manual Tarp System. Tahnk you.

Replies8
  1. #1Landclearer2012-10-03 17:33

    We don't use pull tarps but we use Rollrite electric tarpers with a tension bow. The tension bow works great, it keeps the wind from getting under your tarp. Chris

  2. #2CM19952012-10-03 19:09

    Welcome to the Forums CESI and Landclearer!:drinkup I too second the Rollrite tarps, I don't understand why anyone would put a pull tarp on a dump truck. The cost of the electric tarp is made up very quickly in the time it takes to manually tarp.

  3. #3Landclearer2012-10-03 19:17

    Thanks for the welcome CM1995. I have been reading for a while and think you have a great forum! Chris

  4. #4CM19952012-10-03 19:25

    Glad to have you Landclearer and thanks for the compliment. We do the best we can with a rag-tag group of Mods and a multitude of great members.

  5. #5DCS2012-10-08 19:37

    I am familiar with Pulltarps and they make more than just a pulltarp system (by the way, they just introduced a "Tarp Tamer Bow" which is similar to the Rollrite tension bow). They make a high quality electric arm system as well as a single and twin cable system.... www.pulltarps.com (800)368-3075. They have a location in CO too CESI and pretty quick turn around. I would give them a shot.

  6. #6Landclearer2012-10-08 21:55

    Thanks DCS for the info and the link. I did not realize that Pulltarp made electric systems. We have had good luck with the Rollrite so that is why I mentioned them. Chris

  7. #7DirtHauler2012-10-08 23:46

    The trucks I drive have pull tarp's auto system. It is simple and works well.

  8. #8Soodude2012-10-09 18:28

    AERO!!!!! I love em!!!