Hello, new to the forum. I am a mobile mechanic operating in the DFW area. Called out to a sky track 10054B. Vehicle has no hydraulic operations from the boom, feet, or steering. When the parking brake is disengaged the vehicle will lurch forward or reverse but will not move. When acceleration is applied it moves very difficult and makes a sound like the parking break is still engaged. The boom will not move at all, when you turn the steering wheel it moves slightly like it’s going to assist but then stops. When you try to put a foot down it moves slightly when the button is pressed and a little bit more when you rev the engine up. But it does not move completely down . I believe this is a failure of the main pump, I just want to verify that I am not missing something as far as safety switches go. I am positive the parking brake switch is working correctly. Is there anything in line after that could cause a similar effect? Also my theory is that without the hydraulic pump the parking brake cannot be released, is this correct?
No replies yet.