Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pump sincronism John deere

Julio byrro · 2023-03-25 22:41

I needed to remove the injection pump from my John Deere 310k and I didn't notice the timing point. Is there any way to synchronize the injection pump with the engine without removing the timing cover?

Replies3
  1. #1mg23612023-03-26 06:06

    Welcome to HEF Julio ! Need the complete machine serial number please.

  2. #2willie592023-03-26 21:06

    310K is likely a 4045H PowerTech engine. I'm not familiar with the workings of that particular engine and don't know if this applies, but I recall the older Deere engines had a hole if the face of the flywheel housing to insert an engine barring tool and just below that hole was another small hole to insert a timing pin that mates with a hole in the flywheel to pin #1 TDC. But you still have to confirm your on the compression stroke of #1 TDC otherwise you can pin the crank 180 degrees off.

  3. #3mg23612023-03-27 04:46

    A 310K should have the HPCR pump and , yes, a timing pin goes into the flywheel, and, there is a plug on the timing cover to be removed to see the injection pump timing mark.