Hey all, I am getting ready to purchase a new (2025) Komatsu from the dealer. 2026 machines come out on October 1. Im not in a rush, is it worth waiting for a 2026 model? Im curious if the price will drop on the 2025 or if the 2026 will go up. it doesn't look like it will be a model change.
You didn't mention what kind at machine you are looking at. I would be worried about the stupid tariffs increasing the price if it is made in a foreign country.
I'm looking at a PC78. That was part of my concern as well. Not sure how soon that takes effect.
I would think that the dealer could give you accurate answers to you questions. If the a 2025 model is in stock and he has had it awhile he may give a better price vs getting a 26 model and continue to wait to sell the 25.IMHO
Might get a better rate, in a couple of months.
15% is the baseline for goods from Japan
Dealer told me that they were notified of a price increase for next month. And that generally the new models coming in go up an average of 2-3% per model year. So I guess it’s a roll of the dice. They have a few 78s in inventory, they could sell out, prices could go up- but I don’t really see that happening with 26 models coming in October. And the 0% financing could go away. More of a concern is that tariff and when does that kick in? I don’t think it applies to what’s already here-just what’s brought in once in effect.
Well…. You snooze, you lose. Dealer just sold the last steel track unit (was at a different location). Price increase on a new unit went up 4% as of August 1 due to tariffs. MOD EDIT . He is splitting the increase with me. Think I’m pulling the trigger on this one before more increases, availability and 0% financing change for the worse.
No politics I have been told! Correct - CM
Talk to your CPA and their input on what your best tax advantage may be.
Prices rarely go down on a new model.
0% financing is rarely true 0% as it is built into the sales price.
Ask what the cash price is for the machine and compare that to taking their zero interest price on the machine. The difference will be the cost of the zero interest.