Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pushing Back Snow Piles Today On the D6C

Metalman 55 ยท 2018-03-02 21:39

We had a heavy snow over night here in Ont & I was pushing back some snow piles & this is when I was just finishing up. We haul the snow from our main yard to this storage compound & shove it back into piles. Was too soft to get the dump truck back where we wanted too, so had to push it further today. We have had a couple weeks of warmer weather up here before the snow came over night & it is pretty soggy under foot! https://1drv.ms/v/s!AlJeXIKywrAm6SYhkxPN7g8nPvft

Replies9
  1. #1Tinkerer2018-03-04 16:52

    Very nice looking dozer. That shiny hood is an attention getter !

  2. #2cuttin edge2018-03-04 18:01

    What part of Ont? You guys don't seem to have much snow.

  3. #3DMiller2018-03-05 06:56

    I am SOOO Jealous!! And you operate it like a pro. Watched a 'Contractor' on a neighbors place last week, guy either was a BAD operator and could not hold a company position long or never got the memos from Cat on how to shift a power shift. Had a D7e Power Shift never decel'd just slammed from F-R. I expect the trans he had replaced last year(I asked how the machine ran) will not make it two. Has been open just four years as a pond/local grade contractor. Flashy dump truck, flashier NEW haul truck and fairly new drop neck lowboy. I saw lots of red flag I have to stay working fast jobs dollar signs!! Pond he set needs the levee straightened up, bottom looked like crap, ALL rough as a cob, not dressed or seeded where the neighbor said he does it some cheaper than the big guys and he doesn't do finish grade to keep the price down. Neighbor has a mess to deal with.

  4. #4farmerlund2018-03-05 10:12

    That's a nice machine you have there. Kind of funny how it sounds almost exactly like my D8H when you are running it.

  5. #5The Peej2018-03-05 14:24

    I'm surprised no one commented that he was going to die and go to hell for mounting a cup holder to the roll cage

  6. #6cuttin edge2018-03-05 14:43

    You mean that's not factory

  7. #7DMiller2018-03-05 19:54

    At least is bolted not welded on!! And is a ROPS, not a roll cage.

  8. #8Metalman 552018-03-05 20:06

    Actually it is a fire extinguisher holder not a cup holder- the fire extinguisher I just noticed it missing a couple of days ago..........perhaps someone needed worse than I! The shiny hood that was mentioned a few posts back was just redone about a month ago; shoulda seen it before then, all dented up, some holes in it etc. & then our painter got a hold of it, patched up the holes, some bondo, some sanding & made it look like new again! Almost seems to run a bit better with a shiny new hood on it.........funny how that works!

  9. #9Metalman 552018-03-05 20:18

    Located in Southern Ont., close to the Fort Erie/Buffalo border.