Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Q/C Quick Attach Buckets

Metalman 55 · 2018-07-08 07:30

We are looking at purchasing a larger excavator & there are several coming up at a local Ritchie Bros auction. On the John Deere's, I see several quick attach setups on the 350G LC excavators like the attached pic & wondered if this style is a good viable choice for a quick attach system? Some appear to be HYD Q/C on the sale & others say just Q/C. Anyone know the bucket pin sizes on the 350G LC machines, as there will be buckets available at the sale, but I am not sure what will match up.

Replies4
  1. #1earthscratcher2018-07-08 11:49

    bucket pins should be 100mm bucket ear widths will be a shade over 16 1/2, this is of a 330c deere jrb coupler sitting in the yard 100mm pins 16 5/8 wide 23 between pins, buckets that will work. daewoo 330-360 hitachi ex 300-350, zaxis 300-370 hyundai 320-450 jcb450 deere 330c not sure on the the newer ones . call deere to check that they stayed with the 100mm pins on the g model

  2. #2Tags2018-07-08 11:59

    I have that style quick coupler on a Kobelco 115, I've been very happy with it. It really doesn't change the tip radius of the bucket like a pin grabber coupler does, and also doesn't allow you to hit the cab with the bucket like a pin grabber does. Mine is not hydraulic so you need to remove two bolts and knock the wedge out, but I think the one you have pictured is a hydraulic version. I think the only real downfall to that style is that you are tied to that style of ears on the bucket, where a pin grabber coupler will probably be easier to find different buckets that fit.

  3. #3Metalman 552018-07-11 06:13

    Went to the auction preview a couple of days ago & all of Deere 350G excavators were quite rough, despite some of them only being 4 years old, most of them having the sheet metal all banged up & dented in. Made me wonder if they didn't care enough about them to bang them up like that, they likely didn't take care of them with proper servicing etc. Prices they sold for were ok though but did not want to take a chance. Also the Q/C quick attaches were all the manual type, not hyd. I will keep looking. See a Cat 325CL for sale about 50 miles from here I have inquired about...……….

  4. #4earthscratcher2018-07-11 06:53

    cat is more machine specific on there buckets, with many using different pin sizes for stick and linkage, why they did this i do not know