Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Question about 2 speed

sandcreek ยท 2011-04-28 19:39

I own a 09 S250 and when you turn in 2 speed mode it makes a whining noise. More so to the right than left. Anybody encounter this noise? Should I talk to bobcat? Still have warranty until september. thanks

Replies2
  1. #1DGODGR2011-04-29 01:16

    I would definetly talk to Bobcat about it. It may not be an issue but if it does turn out to be major it might do it after the warranty period has expired. I have an A300 and I had a major problem with the drive train ( ). Mine did not make any noises or give any indication that there was an issue. The parts that failed though are shared with your machine.

  2. #2Reel hip2011-05-07 18:53

    My 2 speed on my 963 worked fine until I let other operators run it. Make sure it is only in high mode when you are moving distances. Never keep it in high when working it. You still have the warranty, use it.