I have been out of the game for a while now but I see more and more of these wide plate jiggers getting round on floats. I even saw one that had been fitted with a bloody ripper!!!!! Even on these pages I see photos of LGP tractors working country far removed from the boggy conditions I associate with these machines. What gives? I would have thought in normal pushing a LGP would have been as useless as **** on a bull. As an example. My old Bosses' first pair of D9G's (of which I took delivery on the Christmas Eve of 1965) came through with 24 inch plates on one and 27 inch on the other. Boys being boys.... and having a D9 hooked to either end of 400 feet of Faukner three inch stud-link scrub chain ended up in the occasional scratch pull. Pretty much regardless of conditions the machine on narrow plates would skulldrag the other backwards every time. Any comments?
more ground pressure, narrow tracks get better traction in firm soil than widetrack machines, i dont like widetracks because rocks destroy the tracks
here in denmark we dont have anything else than the lgps nothing else will cope with the dirt in our part of the world and i think an D6T lgp runned by an experienced operator will push just as much dirt like any other model when that is said i will admit that the lgp tracks are a little harder on the undercarriage at least that is my experience
oh yeah they push in a straight line just as good as the next machine, the only drawback to lgp machines is where the blades are wider, they might power out more than the same machine with a regular width blade
Where i'm at LGP is the only way to go, unless you want to go down. We had a narrow tracked machine JD550LT lacked the power the LGP's had. And got tired of pulling it out aalll the time so swapped it out for LGP.
I run a mid range width grouser on my dozers.I would like to have a small to mid range LGP for the mud.One of my favorites is a jd 450c with the 30" pads.They will go through mud that you cant walk through.
In our area, everyone uses LGPs for finish dozing. The wider gauge, blade and pads allow for better stability in the sand and silts we use to cover the fat clays.
We have a D3C LGP and a D3G XL. And the LGP is a great finish dozer.
They also seem to go much better on steep or sidling ground, popular for reclamation here. Boss has one, rides like a sled on firm ground, beats the fillings out of your teeth. We like it cause it will slide off before it'll turn over. KY Jim
yeah we have a couple 700J LGP machines at work we use for reclamation also...and if you are in east kentucky we share some of the same terrain...so i know where your comin from
Hi I work for a float company and I know I move some d6's that are lgp's but fitted with normal tracks, but i have moved the same machines fitted with the lgp tracks both of them also have rippers fitted, I and I know of some more that are done the same I thinks it been done with this size machine so that you can do any job, I have seen it arrive on site with lgp tracks on then be changed over when the ground had been filled and made hard. Oh and the ripper control is normal done by the tilt for the blade with switch to change over from tilt to ripper
LGPs usually run a bit heavier than a standard machine. More weight means more power to the ground, not always the best for a ripper sized for a standard size machine pull.
New to forum. Just trying to get to where I can post a new thread