Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Question about my horse drawn Galion grader.

bigshow ยท 2011-12-10 20:42

I have a grader that I am currently in the process of restoring for personal use as a lawn ornament at my house. Although it is just a lawn ornament, I do want everthing in working order, which for the most part I have accomplished. I have graded my driveway with it and it worked flawlessly. The trouble I am having is with the moldboard mounting to the circle, I am hoping someone can show me a picture of how it is attached as mine is kind of "cobbed" together, or send me in the right direction. I have spent hours searching the internet looking for anything and come up empty handed. I have tried to upload a photo following you folks directions and still can not do it. I am technologicaly cursed I swear. Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies2
  1. #1bruce michael2011-12-19 05:25

    Hi Bigshow Follow the above link on this forum....it should show you plenty of photos? cheers Bruce

  2. #2bigshow2011-12-19 07:40

    Thanks Bruce, I have looked there but it is not quite what I'm looking for. I would like a close up of the blade, there seems to be a piece of iron with multiple holes in it that I am assuming would be for a moldboard pitch adjustment. Much like the newer graders have hydraulic cylinder/s to tip the top of the moldboard forwards or backwards, this is just mechanical with variously placed holes to give you the needed pitch.